The National Export-Import Bank of Jamaica Limited (EXIM Bank) is seeking to identify qualified candidates to fill the abovementioned post.
Summary of Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Division’s operational plan, budget, and procedure to guide the functions of the Division;
- Participate in the development of the Bank’s planning framework, periodically assess the planning processes, tools and make recommendations for changes where necessary to maintain alignment with contemporary planning techniques and improve the Bank’s planning function;
- Submit periodic progress reports, technical advice to the Board and Management on matters relating to strategic planning and lead strategic change initiatives within the Bank;
- Forecast and analyze external variables of strategic importance to the Bank and ensure their integration in the planning process;
- Monitor programmes and project implementation, analyses performance and provides feedback to Managers recommending corrective action where necessary to achieve objectives;
- Maintain a comprehensive database of major strategic initiatives and communicates the strategic initiatives to all stakeholders;
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences need and borrowing habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting the demand for loan;
- Ensure that existing and new risks in the Division are captured in the Risk Register and identifies appropriate controls and treatments; and
- Ensure the Risk & Control Self-Assessment process captures “near misses” and actual loss events and that this information is submitted to the Divisional Head and the Risk Division for further analysis.
The position requires any of the following qualifications/experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration or a business-related discipline plus 5 years work experience with at least 2 years in strategic planning, research and project management.
- Good knowledge of strategic planning concepts and frameworks, business issues and concepts, and research methodologies;
- Good project management and strategic thinking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to change and adapt and work with a team;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to individuals at all levels;
- Excellent investigative, analytical problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Knowledge of the local political, financial and economic environment; and
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency of Microsoft Suite.
Interested individuals who meet the requirements should submit their written application with Résumé no later than Friday, October 18, 2019, to:
General Manager – Corporate Services Division
EXIM Bank, 85 Hope Road, Kingston 6